The Flight Part II

|


So we landed in Istanbul and with five ours to kill we thankfully decided to venture out into the city for at least a quick meal.

Fun/ Not Fun things that happened:


Fun: We were able to get a visa for just 20 bucks!!! Hell yeah I am paying to get a stamp on my passport. I want my passport to get some life into those pages.

Not so Fun: The line took us forever!! Which by forever I mean around 30- 45 minutes. Milan was sadly on a later flight than us so we were also trying to figure out a way to get her onto the early flight. Alas this could not be done. :(

Fun: We were able to find a cab company that took us to the restaurant and back to the airport which was very cool. We were picked up secret agent style by a man in business casual where we were driven to the restaurant. He was such a crazy driver though expertly skilled. He was driving at what was probably 100 miles an hour with some what I thought were close calls that were avoided. One traffic element that should be picked up by the U.S. is that in Istanbul all the red lights count down to green which was so cool. We ended up eating at this place right by the sea with a great view. My general thoughts were that it was nice and they end up after you are done eating brushing off the table with a mini brush and scoop thing.

We ordered
Chicken Kabobs
Beyti Rolls
Pork Ribs
1 salad
3 turkish coffess
3 turkish tea's
1 banana honey cream thing
and last but not least 1 chocolate souffle. All delish!!

Sadly we had to return but Istanbul left such a great impression on me that I have to return!! I love it!!

A note from our sponsors: More original pictures soon but in case you didn't notice I am posting these all in one day since I have still not gotten use to writing stuff down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment